Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recipe of the Week for 2/14 - Crock Pot Mexican Chicken

Look at me, being diligent with the blogging. Does 2 days in a row count as diligence? I'm not sure . . .

Anyway, here's another recipe - this one came from one one my husband's Facebook friends. I think it was someone he knew in junior high & has reconnected with. Anyway, she shared this recipe and so he asked me to make it.

I adapted the ingredient list a little, and then cooked it based on another, similar recipe I make often.

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken
recipe inspired by my husband's friend

Ingredients
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, frozen
1 jar fruity salsa (we used a black bean & pomegranate salsa, I don't remember the name. The friend suggested Newman's Own Pineapple)
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
tortillas
sour cream

Directions
Combine all ingredients in the crock pot. Yes, it's okay that the chicken breasts are frozen! Cook on high 4-5 hours.

Shred the chicken. Serve in tortillas with sour cream.

The Photo
I can't find one. I guess I forgot.

The Verdict
This was a yummy twist on my usual method of making Mexican-style chicken in the crock pot. The salsa I used was quite spicy and thus the chicken was, too. But, we enjoyed it and I'd make it again!

No comments: